Policy: Sex Offenders
Our lawyers are among the few willing to speak up about sensible, rational policy regarding sex offenders. We are often quoted in newspapers, interviewed on t.v., and write briefs in support of important appellate cases.
- Statement of Dr. Joseph Plaud on Behalf of Wayne Chapman (June 2018).
- Statement of Eric Tennen on Behalf of Wayne Chapman (June 2018).
- Eric Tennen argues at the Supreme Judicial Court on behalf of his clients seeking reclassification with the Registry Board (2018).
- Final Report of the Commission to Reduce Recidivism (with Testimony from Eric Tennen) (May 18, 2016)
- Eric Tennen gave a keynote address at the National Reform Sex Offender Laws conference (click here for presentation)
- Eric Tennen wrote an article about registry schemes for the Boston Bar Journal.
In the news:
- SJC Weighs Release of Convicted Child Rapist (January 2019)
- Attorney Says Public Should be Skeptical Of New Charges (June 2018)
- Attorneys Argue Whether Convicted Child Rapist Should Be Set Free (May 2018)
- Lawyer Says Release Followed Protocol (May 2018)
- Attorney Says Petition Blocking Client's Release is Without Merit (May 2018)
- Pedophile priest Shanley's new home bringing scrutiny to sex offender housing (September 2017)
- Convicted Former Priest Paul Shanley to be Released from Prison (July 2017)
- Medway Sex Offender Held on Bail in Connection With Child Porn Charges (April, 2017)
- Lawyer: Convicted sex offender is "too old" to reoffend (January 19, 2016)
- Mass Court Decision Allows for Sex Offenders to Challenge Classification (January 7, 2016)
- Rapist Fights Access to Record (June 10, 2014)
- SJC Ends Lifetime Parole for Sex Offenders (June 11, 2014)
Cases we supported:
- Commonwealth v. Ervin Feliz (Amicus Brief)
- Poe v. Sex Offender Registry Board, (Amicus Brief)
- Moe v. Sex Offender Registry Board, (Amicus Brief)
- L.L., a juvenile vs. Commonwealth, (Amicus brief)
- Doe, No. 68549 vs. Sex Offender Registry, (Amicus Brief)
- Doe 380316 v. SORB, (Amicus Brief)